Do you ever have a hard time getting started on a long project? Whenever I have a project that's going to take a couple hours of concentration, or involves a big setup like a photo shoot, I like to motivate myself with a tasty beverage. Usually that's coffee, but lately when it's after 2pm I've been making myself a prickly pear soda. To me, it tastes a little like hippie Sunkist.
HOMEMADE PRICKLY PEAR SODA RECIPE
- 2-3 T prickly pear syrup - My neighbors have a giant cactus that supplies plenty of prickly pears, so I usually have some prickly pear syrup in my fridge.
- 1t - 1T apple cider vinegar (it's good for you & adds tartness)
- 3-4 squeezes of lime, up to half a lime depending on your taste buds
- optional glug of maple syrup to sweeten
- sparkling water to fill the rest of your glass
- tiny ice cubes
Serve yourself, and get back to work.